Blank Face AFCI Receptacle, AFRBFSKU:
The SmartlockPro Outlet Branch Circuit (OBC) AFCI Receptacle offers advanced technology to help protect against electrical fires resulting from arc-faults. Designed to detect a wide range of potentially hazardous arc-faults resulting from damage in branch circuit wiring as well as extensions to branches such as appliances and cord sets, the OBC AFCI responds by interrupting power. This helps reduce the likelihood of the home's electrical system being an ignition source of a fire. Often unseen, arc-faults can occur anywhere in the home's electrical system including within walls, at loose electrical connections or within electrical cords accidently damaged by impinging furniture. AFCI's are now required by the National Electrical Code in many areas of the home.
- Identifies potentially dangerous arc-faults and responds by interrupting power
- May be used on circuits feeding lighting loads and/or other loads such as smoke detectors where a receptacle is not used
- Easily installs as a replacement for a standard receptacle, TEST and RESET button on receptacle face for localized testing
- Meets or exceeds UL requirements for tripping time for both series and parallel arcs
- Can be used to meet NEC requirements for Arc-Fault protection in new circuits, circuit modifications or extensions, or replacement receptacles
We Also Recommend